Road Update: Colorado (2,215 miles)
- It’s Dave
– We’re not in Kansas anymore. There. I said it.
So today we’re on a tough stretch of 630 miles from KC to Boulder, CO. A few guidelines:
• Do NOT eat a pizza smothered in tater tots, chili, and cheese before a 10 hour drive. It was outrageously awesome (pic to be uploaded soon) but you could only imagine the metabolic suffering we’ve endured thanks to a bumpy interstate.
• There is nothing to see in Kansas, so you could get delirious. Dan stuck his head out the window and started screaming. I went on a wild honk binge.
• 10 hours is a lot of time. Prepare to entertain yourself in strange ways. Dan and I DEFINITELY DID NOT watch the newest “Hills” episode or play adult film trivia.
• A worthwhile detour is Lawrence. We snuck into Allen Fieldhouse (the birthplace of bball) at KU for a photo. I pretended a free throw. The janitor told me I had great form.
Boulder this weekend for Dan’s coverage of the College Ultimate Frisbee Championship for SI.com
Pictures from St. Louis and KC coming soon.Road Update